Community Advocacy Through Art (CATA) is a project of the Redwood City Parks and Arts Foundation. CATA creates public art spaces and street art murals as mediums of social advocacy. With the support of local artists, businesses, and nonprofits, CATA provides art opportunities to community members of all backgrounds and bring awareness to local topics such as homelessness, community gardening, mental health, and affordable housing.
- Raise awareness of, spark dialogue about, and inspire community action on important local issues
- Provide funding opportunities for local artists, making it financially possible for artists to work in the communities they live.
- Research – Understand the salient local issues and which organizations are working for their resolution.
- Collaborate – Work with business owners, artists and city staff to determine mural design and financial sponsorship.
- Paint & Publicize – Paint the mural and share it with our community.