The Redwood City Parks and Arts Foundation is participating in SVGives, a Bay Area-wide fundraising day for local non-profits through the Silicon Valley Foundation. Consider making a donation to CATA and RWC PAF on our SVGives page. Write “CATA” in the dedication field to earmark your contribution for this project.
Plus, if you donate on May 3rd, our Redwood City partner business will throw in some perks:
- Bliss Coffee is giving a free drink on May 3rd, a ($4 value) to the first 30 people to donate $20 or more.
- Young’s will give those who are sweet enough to donate $20 or more a FREE single scoop.
- Timber and Salt is hosting a Happy Hour Party for us. Join us there on May 3rd from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Give $20 or more and get two free drinks (beer, wine or a well drink).
Help us fill Redwood City with meaningful public art and get some free tasty treats while you’re at it. Donate here.
After lots of template crafting and tweaking color schemes, the CATA website it now live. So what’s next?
Community partners! Working closely with the Redwood City Parks and Arts Foundation board, we will be approaching local businesses with two asks:
- Please lend us a wall to paint a CATA mural?
- How about helping us out with the costs of the mural? (Paint and top-notch artists are expensive!)
When we approach businesses, we’ll be equipped with facts. Claire and Cary have spent the last researching the tops issues facing Redwood City. We’ve arrived at three to focus on for the next few months: Affordable Housing, homelessness and human trafficking. Read our research on our causes page.
Hopefully, our research, snappy marketing materials and overwhelming passion will be enough to bring some local sponsors on-board with CATA. Stay tuned!
We’re excited to have a website to represent CATA. Let us know what you think! Also, check out the Redwood City Parks and Arts Foundation website at www.rwcpaf.org. They have other awesome art projects in addition to CATA.